GRANITE FALLS SWIM & ATHLETIC CLUB
Join Us Today!
Discover the Benefits of
Membership at Granite Falls.
ALWAYS IN SEASON!
Alright you red blooded Americans it’s time to pull up those boot straps and get to work…ing out. Upper body time! Warm weather, tank top season and better times are just around the Corona. You know what our forefathers always said…”Suns Out, Guns Out”.
This upper body strength workout uses body weight and dumbbells. If you don’t have dumbbells you can use canned goods, bottles of bleach, or rolls of wet toilet paper as a substitute.
For beginners work through the circuit of 8 exercises doing 12 repetitions of each exercise, rest after each round. Repeat circuit three times.
For a more intense workout, try each exercise for 45 seconds and rest for 15 seconds between exercises. Take a rest at the end of the circuit of 8 exercises, then repeat the circuit once or twice more
Tomorrow we address our core issues. So, get a good night’s rest and be ready to bust your gut.
Let’s Keep America Free!
1. Stand straight with a dumbbell in each hand, your feet shoulder-width apart and hands by your sides.
2. Squeeze the biceps and lift the dumbbells. Keep the elbows close to your body and upper arms stationary, only your forearms should move.
3. Once the dumbbells are at shoulder level, slowly lower your arms to the starting position.
1. Lie down with a dumbbell in each hand, your arms up and the palms of your hands facing each other.
2. With your elbows slightly bent, lower your arms out to your sides until you feel a stretch in your chest muscles.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat the movement.
Dumbbell Triceps Extension:
1. Grab a dumbbell and stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Raise your arms and, with your elbows pointing forward start lowering the dumbbell.
3. Slowly raise the dumbbell to the starting position.
Dumbbell Bent Over Row:
1. Grab a set of dumbbells, bend your torso forward and keep your knees slightly bent.
2. Pull the dumbbells toward your waist line, while squeezing your shoulder blades.
3. Slightly lower the weights to the starting position. A 1 second pull, 1 second pause, 2 second down count is ideal.
1. With your legs extended back, place your hands below the shoulders, slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
2. Start bending your elbows and lower your chest until it’s just above the floor.
3. Push back up to the starting position. A 1 second push, 1 second pause, 2 second down count is ideal.
Dumbbell Lateral Raise:
1. Grab a set of dumbbells and stand straight.
2. With palms facing down, lift the dumbbells and raise your arms out to the sides.
3. Once your elbows are at shoulder height, pause, and then slowly lower your arms back to the initial position.
Dumbbell Shoulder Press:
1. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
2. With palms facing forward and elbow under your wrists, position the dumbbells at your shoulders.
3. Push the dumbbells up and fully extend your arms.
4. Lower the dumbbells back down to your shoulders and repeat the movement until the set is complete.
1. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and hold a set of dumbbells in front of your thighs.
2. Push your hips back and lower the dumbbells until your torso in parallel to the floor.
3. Stand up and pull the dumbbells towards your chest, keeping your arms a little wider than shoulder width apart.
4. Repeat until the set is complete.
ALWAYS IN SEASON!